As we get older, it becomes more important to keep the body functioning. Working out at home has become the best option these days. Fortunately, spending money on expensive equipment is not necessary.
There are tools one can use that may be lying in wait. A friend sent me these simple instructions using potato bags.
Always consult a physician before starting a new exercise program.
- Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room on each side.
With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax.
- Each day you will find you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
- After a couple weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
- Then try 50-lb. bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand holdings your arms straight for more than a full minute.
- After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag. 🙂
I will understand if you never listen to me again.